There are 3 convenient ways we’re prepared to serve you -
- Visit the Studio. If you can, visit our studio and gallery, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area. (See more below.)
- Visit one of our select dealers (listed at right). A very few select dealers offer some of our custom frames.
- Order by phone or mail. We have been selling not only frames and mirrors but complete custom framing by mail order since 1995, and it is now a large portion of our total business.
View photos of our showroom »
Holton Studio Frame-Makers Showroom
5510 Doyle St.
Emeryville, CA - Google map
(across from Doyle Street Cafe)
Mail & deliveries:
5515 Doyle St., No. 2
Emeryville, CA 94608
Hours are subject to occasional change.
If you’re going out of your way to visit us, we recommend
When placing an order by phone or mail, please supply the information below. If anything is unclear to you, we’re here to help.
- Frame or mirror design
- Size and orientation — Specify what the dimensions refer to - i.e. glass size, outside dimensions, exact rabbet size, etc. (call if you’re unclear about this). Tell us whether the orientation is vertical (portrait) or horizontal (landscape).
- Wood and stain (or clear finish)
- Special details — Include any custom options (corner treatment, beveled or plain glass, extra frame depth, custom stain, etc.)
- Shipping address
- Payment — We accept Visa and MasterCard, or you may send a check. We take a 50% deposit on order, the balance being payable on completion (prior to shipping).
Pricing. Prices do not include shipping and handling, which varies with the size and weight of the order, and destination. Please call for shipping and handling charges.
Shipping. We ship by UPS Ground, unless otherwise requested.
Turnaround. Most orders ship 3-10 weeks from the time they’re placed. Occasionally delays occur. However, we are almost always able to positively commit to and meet firm deadlines.
“I received my frame yesterday and I must say it is fabulous. I could not be happier. I have hung it and am admiring it without the picture in it for now! Thank you so much.” — Kevin Rodgers, Seattle